Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dream Journal #7

It seems that I remember my dreams better when I am woken up frequently. Last night I didn't sleep very well, but each time I woke up I seemed to remember my dream. The theme and people in my dream continued when I fell back asleep, but some things were different.

I was at the Co-Op House formal (which did happen last night), and there was an old man who someone said was a "class officer," who kept trying to get into the party, but we kept physically pushing him out. Then the main space in our house where we were having the party turned into my friend Kevin's room. He was dancing on his bed singing the Wilco song "Reservations." I went out driving with Kevin, my friend Celeste, and the class officer. Kevin, who was driving, fell out of the car and I had to stop it but I couldn't really reach the brake. I managed to stop it right on some woman's lawn, but she didn't really notice. We all went to a Beirut concert that was happening right outside of Hiett Hall. He was playing the song "Postcards from Italy," but I noticed that he was playing it differently than the album version. The class officer was checking IDs. Celeste didn't have her ID, so he made her stand behind a chalk line that he drew. My friend Annelie also didn't have her ID, but she tried to bribe him with a sandwich.


Interpretation:
I guess there is someone or something that wants to take away my guilt for violating some law, or norm, or because I haven't fulfilled some sort of responsibility. This makes me feel shamefull. I have reservations about some things, but maybe about other things I am certain. I have started to take charge of my life, but I am still reliant on and powerless with some people. Being able to make my own choices has been part of getting over an obstacle in my life. I'm starting to take pride in my personal capabilities, but other people think I'm overstepping my boundaries. I'm holding some things inside that really frustrate me and bring a lot of stress in my life. It's really hard for me to admit that I need someone's help because I want everyone to think that I can handle everything by myself.





2 comments:

  1. Are you going to try and re-create your dreams in your final project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The juxtapositions of the telling of the dreams and then the viewing of the found film video and Wilco performance begin to feel like the disjointed dream state...Will you use found footage in your dream video?

    ReplyDelete